Do You want daily job updates ?

Do You want daily job updates ?
Click here and enter your mail id.

Friday 26 February 2016

There are many articles here in Linkedin which speaks about how to crack managerial, cultural or HR interviews. Now we know very well about how to answer the questions like
  • Where do you want to be after 5 years?
  • What is your greater weakness?
  • and many other tricky questions.
However as a technical person we will come across face to face technical round as a gauge to determine how technically sound we are. Even after being well prepared, many were not able to move ahead of technical interview round even after providing best answers. Based on my experience in interviewing people for technical role, during the interview, lot of programmers do basic mistakes which made me not to select the person.
Some common mistakes which I encountered during technical rounds are
  1. Usage of jargon to make our prospect desirable.
  2. Beating the bush for a question which they cannot answer.
  3. Not strong on basics of a programming language.
  4. Not able to think through design aspects based on the complexity.
  5. Irrespective of your technical role, be very strong in the basics of the programming language
  6. Some tips to crack technical interview
  7. Be ready to say NO I don’t know. Interviewers are not gauging you with the correct answers that you provided. They are gauging you based on how open you are to learn new areas.
    1. Be concise on the answers. Do not add extra word arts to explain the basic answer
    2. Do not beat the bush by saying irrelevant answers or asking question that does not make sense. When you do this, any interviewer will immediately put negatives in their score card.
    3. Take your time to answer. Many times, our initial response would not be appropriate or may be wrong.
    Being a little bit of being sales man is fine during technical interviews but these interviews are not always about syntax of a function or whether your answers are correct. It is always about what you know and how open are you about learning new technologies and concepts and how you can contribute to the organization
    After the interview in which I answered negatively for 9 of 15 questions asked, even in my dream I never thought that I will get an offer for the position offered. When I joined the company, I inquired with my manager about what made them to select me for the job. He responded me with the 5 points that I specified earlier. What made me interesting for them was I accepted that I don’t know many things that they need and was ready to learn.
    Hope this helps you to crack the technical interviews
www.CareerBiotech.com. Powered by Blogger.